It very common to have a beverage on special occasions or in the parties. There are different types of beverages which can be classified as soft drinks or hard drinks. When we talk about hard drinks they are very popular at parties as they contain alcohol. There are different types of hard drinks such as rum, whisky, breezier etc. Here we are going to discuss whisky. It is a very common beverage and there are various brands which provide the best quality of whisky for people. One can easily find whisky reviews on the internet and calculate the popularity of this simple drink. The origin of this lavish drink can be traced both in Ireland and Scotland. The popularity of the whisky was up to such an extent that it was used as a medium of paying taxes. Even today it is very popular among the youngsters as well as among their grandparents.
What is a whisky?
A whisky is a type of distilled beverage which contains alcohol. It is made from the fermentation of grain mush. The different grains can be used for this purpose such as barley, maize, wheat etc. After fermentation, the whisky is aged in wooden barrels. There many reputed brands of whiskey which provide best quality whisky with different flavors. There are many online websites where one can order the best quality whiskey. Also one can go through the anmeldelser af whisky to buy the best whisky.
Types of whiskey
There are different types of whisky available in the market. The following are some popular type of whiskey which is easily available and are great in taste:
- Single malt whisky: This whisky is made from one particular mask in a single distillery.
- Blended malt whisky: this one is composed of single malt whiskey derived from different distillations.
- Blended whisky: This whisky is composed of different types of whiskey due to which it is known as blended whisky. The whiskies used for it can be of different flavor and brand.
- Cask strength: These whiskies are among the rare and the best one. They are bottled from lightly diluted casks.
- Single cask: This whiskey is also known as single barrel whiskey as they are packed from the individual cask.
- Bourbon whisky: It is composed of mash which consists of 51%. They are aged in new oak barrels.
Also, the whiskies are classified on a geographical basis such as American whiskey, Australian whiskey etc.one can find the positive whisky reviews to compare and decide which one is the best. But this cannot be denied that whisky is among the best beverages in the world.